Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm New Here....

I hate being the new girl. No one likes to enter an unfamiliar place with unfamiliar faces and uncertainty about will happen next. But here I am. The new girl in the world single moms.

A few weeks ago, December 21 to be exact, my husband of 2 years told me that he didn’t want to be with me anymore. He wasn’t happy at home with me and our 1 year old son. He’d rather be on his own, see his friends whenever he wants, work all the hours in the world, and pretend that we don’t exist. OK, not exactly, but that’s what it feels like.

I wasn’t sure that I wanted to start this blog. In fact, I signed up for it a couple of weeks ago, but have just now mustered up the courage to start writing. I need a place to publish my thoughts, my mindless ramblings, my victories and my defeats. I need a place where others can see how this is truly affecting my life. I also wanted a place where others who are going through similar situations can come to a realization: they are not alone.

And so it begins, my journey in the world of blogs and single moms.

No comments:

Post a Comment